We offer our members a variety of checking account options with features that will save you time and money.
Premier: Designed for high-balance accounts. Earns higher dividends, includes identity theft solutions, and loan discounts.
Secure: Our most popular account earns dividends, includes identity theft solutions, overdraft protection and loan discounts.
Classic: Just as the name implies, this is a classic checking account, which includes overdraft protection and loan discounts. Also available to ages 13-24 with no monthly fees.
Mobile users: View Checking Account comparison chart here.
Formerly First Class and Preferred
Formerly Smart Start
Plus, earn a higher interest rate if criteria are met*
on balances over $1,000
FREE ATM Transactions
(FNCU branch ATMs are always free!)
|Unlimited||4 FREE withdrawals, 4 FREE transfers, 4 FREE inquiries (per account, per month)†|
(on select styles)
(on select styles)
|FREE Visa® Travel Card||✓||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|FREE Identity Theft Solutions||✓||✓||n/a||n/a|
(Requires enrollment agreement and a FNCU debit card.)
|Loan Discounts2||.25% on new loans|
|Overdraft Protection Available3||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Eligible for an Advantage Plus Money Market Account||✓||✓||n/a||n/a|
|Minimum Balance Requirement||$2,500||n/a||$200**||n/a|
(if balance falls below min.)
(waived if requirements are met)**
NEW this year! Grow your savings with Round-up!
Round-up is an easy checking account feature that will grow your Savings without any effort!
Plus, all of the following comes FREE1 with a FNCU Checking Account:
- Online/Mobile Banking: Access your account anytime, anywhere!
- eStatements1: Quickly and securely view your statements.
- Bill Pay: Pay one-time or recurring bills through.
- Remote Checking Deposit1: Deposit checks by taking a picture of it with your mobile device (within our app).
- eAlerts1 and eNotices1: Be notified of important account activity.
- ATMs: Access to 85,000 surcharge-free† ATMs worldwide.
- Overdraft protection available.2
- Get a secure Visa® Debit Card (available with Visa Purchase alerts), or an ATM card.
- Earn a higher rate with Rewards Term Share Certificates.
There’s no need to come into a branch to sign documents! Sign electronically for loans and when opening accounts. All you need is an email address. (Not available for mortgages, home equity loans, home equity lines of credit, or members ages 19 and under.)
Already have a checking account somewhere else?
No problem. It’s easy to switch to First Nebraska Credit Union.
Use our online switch kit, give us a call (402) 492-9100, or stop by one of our locations!
To get an overview of all of our products and services, click here.
NOTE: To qualify for a checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. To open a checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. Checking accounts for ages 13-19 may require a parent/guardian joint owner until age 19.
* Earn a higher dividend rate for balances up to $10,000 if the following criteria are met: 35 eligible debit card purchases, enrolled in eStatements and direct deposit to checking account. See current rates at firstnebraska.org/pdfs/FeeSchedule.pdf.
** Monthly fee waived if all requirements are met: direct deposit to checking account, enrolled in eStatements, minimum balance of $200.
1. Text, data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.
2. All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, verification of sufficient monthly income and collateral conditions. Discount applies to new money only. Some types of loans do not qualify for the discount. Other restrictions may apply.
3. Checking accounts are automatically enrolled with primary savings as a backup funding source in the instance that an overdraft occurs. If checking account does not have enough money to cover a transaction, funds from a linked savings account will automatically transfer (if available). If there are not enough funds available between checking and savings, the transaction may be declined or subject to an overdraft fee. Overdraft Line of Credit also available subject to standard credit qualifications. Other restrictions may apply.
4. When you enroll in the Round-up Savings feature, FNCU will round up your debit card transactions to the nearest whole dollar amount and transfer the difference from your designated checking account to the designated savings account. FNCU will not round up purchases posted for any transaction in which you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account and the round up transfer will be cancelled for that transaction. Transfers will resume as soon as sufficient funds are available. If any debit card transaction is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding transfer to your savings account will not be reversed and funds will remain in your savings account. ATM transactions are not included in the program. Round-up feature available for each debit card linked to a checking account. Any other FNCU account may be designated to receive the round up amount, excluding IRAs and certificates. You may cancel your participation at any time by contacting the Credit Union. FNCU may cancel or modify the Round-up Savings feature at any time without prior notice.
† For each non-FNCU branch ATM transaction over four, per account, per month, an ATM Transaction Fee of $2.50 will be assessed. Other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply. Cash withdrawals subject to daily limit.
†† The Premier Checking Account includes unlimited free ATM transactions, even if it’s not a CO-OP or Allpoint ATM. However, other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply.
For a list of all fees (some of which may be associated with your checking account), view our Fee Schedule.