Just as the name implies, this is a classic checking account, which includes overdraft protection and loan discounts. Also available to ages 13-24 with no monthly fees.
Your Classic Checking account includes the following features:
- $200 minimum monthly balance.
- Online/Mobile Banking: Access your account anytime, anywhere!
- Get a secure Visa® Debit Card (available with Visa Purchase alerts), or an ATM card.
- ATMs: Access to 87,000 surcharge-free† ATMs worldwide. FNCU branch ATMs always free!
- Round-up savings4
- Overdraft protection available.3
- Loan Discount of .25% on New Money Loans.2
- Earn a higher rate with Rewards Term Share Certificates.
- $5 Monthly Fee, waived if these requirements are met:
1) Direct deposit to checking account, 2) enrolled in eStatements, and 3) minimum balance of $200.
Or stop by any First Nebraska location to open your Classic Checking account.
NOTE: To qualify for a checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. To open a checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. Checking accounts for ages 13-19 may require a parent/guardian joint owner until age 19.
1. Text, data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.
2. All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, verification of sufficient monthly income and collateral conditions. Discount applies to new money only. Some types of loans do not qualify for the discount. Other restrictions may apply.
3. Checking accounts are automatically enrolled with primary savings as a backup funding source in the instance that an overdraft occurs. If checking account does not have enough money to cover a transaction, funds from a linked savings account will automatically transfer (if available). If there are not enough funds available between checking and savings, the transaction may be declined or subject to an overdraft fee. Overdraft Line of Credit also available subject to standard credit qualifications. Other restrictions may apply.
4. When you enroll in the Round-up Savings feature, FNCU will round up your debit card transactions to the nearest whole dollar amount and transfer the difference from your designated checking account to the designated savings account. FNCU will not round up purchases posted for any transaction in which you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account and the round up transfer will be cancelled for that transaction. Transfers will resume as soon as sufficient funds are available. If any debit card transaction is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding transfer to your savings account will not be reversed and funds will remain in your savings account. ATM transactions are not included in the program. Round-up feature available for each debit card linked to a checking account. Any other FNCU account may be designated to receive the round up amount, excluding IRAs and certificates. You may cancel your participation at any time by contacting the Credit Union. FNCU may cancel or modify the Round-up Savings feature at any time without prior notice.
† For each non-FNCU branch ATM transaction over four, per account, per month, an ATM Transaction Fee of $2.50 will be assessed. Other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply. Cash withdrawals subject to daily limit.
For a list of all fees (some of which may be associated with your checking account), view our Fee Schedule.