First Nebraska partners with companies to provide financial services and exclusive benefits to their employees. We call these partners “Select Employee Groups” (SEGs).
If you work for one of these companies, you are eligible for a First Nebraska Credit Union membership.
Become a member
Open a Savings Account with a $5 deposit. This makes you part owner of the credit union, and gives you access to other benefits, such as an exclusive Checking Account, additional Savings Accounts, Loans and more!
Congratulations to the winners!
Julie B. – USDA NRCS
Nathan S. – Council Bluffs Schools Foundation
Gretchen K. – Papillion La Vista Community Schools
Chris R. – Mueller Recreational Products
Jay B. – Krieser Drywall & Insulation
Give us a call at (402) 492-9100, stop into a branch or apply online now!
Account Recovery, Inc.
All Midlands Health Services, Inc.
American Concrete Products Co.
American Enterprise Group, Inc.
B & R Stores, Inc.
Bellevue Education Association
Bellevue Public Schools
Bethany Lutheran Home
Blue Patriot Fab
Blue Valley Community Action, Inc.
Bryant Heating and Air
Builders Supply Co., Inc.
Cargill Meat Solutions Co.
City of Crete
City of LaVista
City of Papillion
Cornhusker Heating & Air
Council Bluffs School Foundation
Crete Area Medical Center
Crete Public Schools
Douglas County Clerk
Douglas County Health Center
Drywall Supply Inc.
Duncan Aviation, Inc.
Duet (ENHSA and ENCOR)
Eighth Circuit US Court of Appeals
Elkhorn Public Schools Foundation
Emerald Nursing & Rehab – Lancaster
Epsen Hillmer Graphics Co.
Ex-Cel Solutions, Inc.
F.B.G. Service Group
Fairbury Public Schools
Falcon Heating & Air Conditioning
Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration*
Florence Home Healthcare Center
Fremont Public Schools
General Service Administration*
Gering Public Schools
Greenbrier Rail Services
Hampton Enterprises, Inc.
Harland Technology Services
Houchen Bindery, LTD
HTI Plastics Company Enterprises
Hyatt Reservation Center
Internal Revenue Service – Lincoln*
James Skinner Baking Co
Judds Bros Construction
Krieser Construction / A4K
Lincoln Education Association
Lincoln Public Schools
Lincoln Trucking Lightning Division
Lutheran Family Services
Mapes Industries, Inc.
Marian Cliff Manor
Mark Hydraulic Company, Inc.
Methodist Health System
Methodist Physicians Clinic
Metropolitan Community College
Midlands Packaging Corp.
Midwest Steel Works, Inc.
Millard Education Association
Millard Lumber, Inc.
Millard Public Schools
Mueller Recreational Products
NAGL Manufacturing Co.
NAPA Auto Parts
National Park Service, Midwest Archeological Center*
Nebraska City Care and Rehab Center
Nebraska State Education Association
Nestle-Purina USA, Inc.
Nova Treatment Community
Omaha Door & Window Company
Omaha Education Association
Omaha Housing Authority
Omaha Public Schools
Omaha Steel Casting Co
Oriental Trading Company
Packaging Corp of America
Papillion La Vista Schools Education Association
Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co
Physicians Mutual Insurance Co
Plastic Companies Enterprises
Ralston Education Association
Ralston Public Schools
Region V Services
Region 6 Behavioral Healthcare
Resources For Human Development
Rivers Metal Products, Inc.
Robert Lee Care Center
Rotella’s Italian Bakery, Inc.
Schuyler Community Schools
Sid Dillon Buick
Signature Flight Support
Skarda Equipment Company
Snyder Industries, Inc.
Social Security Administration – Lincoln*
Southeast NE Community Action (SENCA)
Standard Nutrition Company
Staples Print Solutions
State of NE Dept of Health & Human Services
State of Nebraska Administrative Services
Stephens & Smith Construction
Stephenson Truck Repair, Inc.
Student Transportation of America
Superior Metal Products, Inc.
Sysco Lincoln, Inc.
Tabitha Health Care Services
Teledyne ISCO, Inc.
The Frontier Group
The Waterford College View
Tractor Supply Company
Tracy’s Body Shop
Tracy’s Collision Center
US Citizenship & Immigration Services*
US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit*
US Department of Energy, Western Area Power Administration*
US Department of Justice, United States Attorney, District of Nebraska*
US District Court, District of Nebraska*
US Environmental Protection Agency, Lincoln Field office*
US Federal Highway Administration*
US Fish and Wildlife Service, Division of Law Enforcement*
US Probation Office*
USGS – employees in Nebraska
USGSA Public Services
Weathercraft Roofing Company
Westside Community Schools
Westside Education Association
White Castle Roofing
Yankee Hill Brick
*Employees who work for these agencies in or have headquarters in Lincoln, Nebraska
**USDA-NRCS employees in North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Wyoming, Montana and Nebraska
Why First Nebraska Credit Union?
- It’s easy to become a member
- We’re local, but we’re accessible to you anytime, anywhere (online & mobile)
- 85,000 ATM locations worldwide
- Access to branches nationwide with Shared Branching
- An exclusive Checking Account with great benefits
Why a Credit Union?
- Local and member-owned
- Known for better rates and lower fees
- We’re motivated by service rather than profit
Perks of being a member
- Deposit a check remotely
- Sign documents via email
- Financial counseling, education and debt management with GreenPath Financial Wellness
- Enjoy TruStage insurance discounts with Life, Auto and Property Insurance
- Invitation to our annual meeting
A checking account especially for the employees of our Select Employee Groups.
With your Select Checking account, you will enjoy the following features:
- Earn dividends on any balances in your account over $100 daily. Paid monthly.
- Direct Deposit Express Feature1 which allows your paycheck funds will be available as soon as we receive the electronic file information from your employer. You will not need to wait until your payday if it comes in early.
- Debit Card Rewards2 – Perform 35 or more eligible transactions in a month on your Debit card and get a $5 deposit in your account.
- FREE* Online & Mobile Banking, which includes Bill Pay, account-to-account and person-to-person payments, eAlerts, eNotices, and Remote Check Deposit (with mobile app).
- FREE eStatements (If you prefer paper statements, there is a $2 monthly fee)
- FREE Visa® Debit Card and Visa Purchase alerts.
- Get free unlimited ATM transactions at FNCU branches, plus use any surcharge-free3 Allpoint or Co-op ATM (over 85,000 worldwide!) and get 4 free withdrawals, 4 free transfers, and 4 free inquires, per month.4
- FREE Identity Theft Solutions
- Round-up savings7
- Loan Discount of 0.5% off any new loans.5
- Overdraft Protection available6
- Access to Rewards Term Share Certificate Rates
- Eligible for Advantage Plus Money Market
Refer Friends & Family
NOTE: To qualify for a checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. To open a checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. Checking accounts for ages 13-19 may require a parent/guardian joint owner until age 19.
* Text, data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.
1. Express direct deposits can be received up to two business days early. Availability is dependent on originator’s payment instructions and may not always arrive early. FNCU does not guarantee early availability of any direct deposit, and early availability may vary between pay periods.
2. Eligible transactions include all approved PIN or signature-based purchases. ATM transactions are not eligible. Maximum reward is $5 each month.
3. Other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply.
4. For each non-FNCU branch ATM transaction over four, per account, per month, an ATM Transaction Fee of $2.50 will be assessed.
5. Minimum age of 19 to apply for loan. All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, verification of sufficient monthly income and collateral conditions. Discount applies to new money only. Some types of loans do not qualify for the discount. Other restrictions may apply.
6. Checking accounts are automatically enrolled with primary savings as a backup funding source in the instance that an overdraft occurs. If checking account does not have enough money to cover a transaction, funds from a linked savings account will automatically transfer (if available). If there are not enough funds available between checking and savings, the transaction may be declined or subject to an overdraft fee.
7. When you enroll in the Round-up Savings feature, FNCU will round up your debit card transactions to the nearest whole dollar amount and transfer the difference from your designated checking account to the designated savings account. FNCU will not round up purchases posted for any transaction in which you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account and the round up transfer will be cancelled for that transaction. Transfers will resume as soon as sufficient funds are available. If any debit card transaction is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding transfer to your savings account will not be reversed and funds will remain in your savings account. ATM transactions are not included in the program. Round-up feature available for each debit card linked to a checking account. Any other FNCU account may be designated to receive the round up amount, excluding IRAs and certificates. You may cancel your participation at any time by contacting the Credit Union. FNCU may cancel or modify the Round-up Savings feature at any time without prior notice. For a list of all fees (some of which may be associated with your checking account), view our Fee Schedule.