Think you don’t need identity theft protection? Think again.
Recent data breach and identity theft news stories have people concerned. Rightly so, since data breaches in the U.S. increased over 25% in the first half of 2017. We understand your concern and have taken important steps to protect you. The uptick in identity theft has also prompted many Americans to look for credit monitoring solutions. Being aware of your credit report activity is smart, but that will only help you detect when your identity is compromised; it does not help you recover it. We have partnered with the top identity theft provider to bring you identity theft solutions, which will safeguard you and your entire family from the consequences of any type of identity theft. This service is available to members with a First Class, Preferred or Premier Checking account. These services include:
Identity Theft Research – Remediation – Recovery
If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity fraud for any reason, simply let us know. You do not have to confirm identity fraud before seeking assistance. We will put you in touch with a professional Recovery Advocate who, depending on your identity fraud incident, will provide the following:
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem, including a review of all three credit reports (if appropriate)
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters/ make calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Work with law enforcement to help to arrest and prosecute the criminals
- Follow up for 12 months after recovery
Lost Document Replacement
If you have an important document that has been lost, stolen or destroyed as a result of an identity theft incident or information compromise, we can help! Just let us know and we will refer you to a professional Recovery Advocate who will work with you to replace your missing documents, including credit cards. Your Recovery Advocate will work with you to contact creditors, cancel the compromised information, and obtain replacement documents.
Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance
Expense Reimbursement Insurance is available to cover out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $25,000*. Examples of covered expenses include attorneys’ fees, costs of additional credit reports, long distance telephone calls, postage and handling fees, fees for notarizing affidavits, and document and filing fees for grants or credit applications rejected as a result of a stolen identity event. Lost wages due to time off from work are also covered. Review the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance Evidence of Coverage.
* Identity theft insurance is underwritten by Lyndon Southern Insurance Company, a member of the Fortegra family of companies. The information provided is a program summary. Please refer to the Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Evidence of Coverage forms for additional information including details of benefits, specific exclusions, terms, conditions and limitations of coverage. Coverage is currently not available in NY and may not be available in other U.S. territories or jurisdictions in the future.
Activate Credit Monitoring
You must follow an easy activation process in order to receive the benefits of credit monitoring.
If you decide to activate this service, you will receive alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft. We can even send the alerts to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication. The entitlement is applicable to individuals age 18 and older who have a valid credit file.
→ Yes, I want this free service!
Activate Credit Monitoring – Click to determine your temporary Enrollment ID and start the activation process, if you are a First Class, Preferred or Premier Checking account holder and you would like to activate your no-cost credit monitoring.
Once you are signed up, login to the Credit Monitoring website HERE.
This service covers all types of identity fraud, even if it is not related to your account(s) with First Nebraska Credit Union! Types of identity fraud covered include: credit/debit card fraud, tax fraud, employment fraud, government documents and benefits fraud, medical fraud, and any other identity fraud recognized by the Federal Trade Commission. Plus, the identity fraud recovery service extends to cover up to 3 generations of your family members! (Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for details.)
HOW TO REPORT A CLAIM:
If you become a victim or suspect you might be a victim of identity theft – for any reason – give us a call at (402) 492-9100 or (800) 882-0244. For information about our identity theft program, click here. After hours, you may call 1-866-647-6223.