Our Premier Checking account is designed to pay higher dividends and provide greater benefits for those who carry higher balances. You’ll also receive a discount on your loans and free reloadable travel cards for your convenience.
With your Premier Checking account you will enjoy the following features:
- Earns dividends (view current rates)
- Earn a higher dividend with a minimum average daily balance of $2,500.*
- Minimum Monthly Balance of $2,500 to avoid $10 Monthly Fee.
- Online/Mobile Banking: Access your account anytime, anywhere!
- eStatements1: Quickly and securely view your statements.
- Bill Pay: Pay one-time or recurring bills through.
- Remote Checking Deposit1: Deposit checks by taking a picture of it with your mobile device (within our app).
- eAlerts1 and eNotices1: Be notified of important account activity.
- Get a secure Visa® Debit Card (available with Visa Purchase alerts), or an ATM card.
- ATMs: Access to 85,000 surcharge-free† ATMs worldwide.
- Round-up savings4
- Free standard style checks (unlimited).
- Free Identity Theft Solutions
- Free Visa® Travel Card.
- Overdraft protection available.3
- Loan Discount of .25% on New Money Loans.2
- Earn a higher rate with Rewards Term Share Certificates.
- Eligible for Advantage Plus Money Market.
Or stop by any First Nebraska location to open your Premier Checking account.
NOTE: To qualify for a checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. To open a checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. Checking accounts for ages 13-19 may require a parent/guardian joint owner until age 19.
* Earn a higher dividend rate for balances up to $10,000 if the following criteria are met: 35 eligible debit card purchases, enrolled in eStatements and direct deposit to checking account.
1. Text, data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.
2. All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, verification of sufficient monthly income and collateral conditions. Discount applies to new money only. Some types of loans do not qualify for the discount. Other restrictions may apply.
3. Checking accounts are automatically enrolled with primary savings as a backup funding source in the instance that an overdraft occurs. If checking account does not have enough money to cover a transaction, funds from a linked savings account will automatically transfer (if available). If there are not enough funds available between checking and savings, the transaction may be declined or subject to an overdraft fee. Overdraft Line of Credit also available subject to standard credit qualifications. Other restrictions may apply.
4. When you enroll in the Round-up Savings feature, FNCU will round up your debit card transactions to the nearest whole dollar amount and transfer the difference from your designated checking account to the designated savings account. FNCU will not round up purchases posted for any transaction in which you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account and the round up transfer will be cancelled for that transaction. Transfers will resume as soon as sufficient funds are available. If any debit card transaction is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding transfer to your savings account will not be reversed and funds will remain in your savings account. ATM transactions are not included in the program. Round-up feature available for each debit card linked to a checking account. Any other FNCU account may be designated to receive the round up amount, excluding IRAs and certificates. You may cancel your participation at any time by contacting the Credit Union. FNCU may cancel or modify the Round-up Savings feature at any time without prior notice.
† The Premier Checking Account includes unlimited free ATM transactions, even if it’s not a Allpoint or Co-op ATM. However, other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply.
For a list of all fees (some of which may be associated with your checking account), view our Fee Schedule.