A checking account especially for the employees of our Select Employee Groups.
With your Select Checking account, you will enjoy the following features:
- Get a secure Visa® Debit Card (available with Visa Purchase alerts), or an ATM card.
- Enhanced fraud protection with EMV chips and contactless cards
- Instant issue cards
- 24/7 fraud monitoring
- Earn dividends on any balances in your account over $100 daily. Paid monthly.
- Direct Deposit Express Feature1 which allows your paycheck funds will be available as soon as we receive the electronic file information from your employer. You will not need to wait until your payday if it comes in early.
- Debit Card Rewards – Perform 35 or more eligible transactions in a month on your Debit card and get a $5 deposit in your account.
- FREE* Online & Mobile Banking, which includes Bill Pay, account-to-account and person-to-person payments, eAlerts, eNotices, and Remote Check Deposit (with mobile app).
- FREE eStatements (If you prefer paper statements, there is a $2 monthly fee)
- Get free unlimited ATM transactions at FNCU branches, plus use any surcharge-free3 Allpoint or Co-op ATMs (over 85,000 worldwide!) and get 4 free withdrawals, 4 free transfers, and 4 free inquires, per month.4
- FREE Identity Theft Solutions
- Round-up savings7
- Loan Discount of 0.5% off any new loans.5
- Overdraft Protection available6
- Access to Rewards Term Share Certificate Rates
- Eligible for Advantage Plus Money Market
Call or stop by any First Nebraska location to open your Select Checking account today.
Grow your savings with Round-up!7
Round-up is an easy checking account feature that will grow your Savings without any effort!
To open a checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. To qualify for a checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. All checking products and services are subject to applicable member agreements, terms and conditions.
1. Express direct deposits can be received up to two business days early. Availability is dependent on originator’s payment instructions and may not always arrive early. FNCU does not guarantee early availability of any direct deposit, and early availability may vary between pay periods.
2. Eligible transactions include all approved PIN or signature-based purchases. ATM transactions are not eligible.
3. Other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply.
4. For each non-FNCU branch ATM transaction over four, per account, per month, an ATM Transaction Fee of $2.50 will be assessed.
5. Minimum age of 19 to apply for loan. All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, verification of sufficient monthly income and collateral conditions. Discount applies to new money only. Some types of loans do not qualify for the discount. Other restrictions may apply.
6. Checking accounts are automatically enrolled with primary savings as a backup funding source in the instance that an overdraft occurs. If checking account does not have enough money to cover a transaction, funds from a linked savings account will automatically transfer (if available). If there are not enough funds available between checking and savings, the transaction may be declined or subject to an overdraft fee. Overdraft Line of Credit also available subject to standard credit qualifications. Other restrictions may apply.
7. When you enroll in the Round-up Savings feature, FNCU will round up your debit card transactions to the nearest whole dollar amount and transfer the difference from your designated checking account to the designated savings account. FNCU will not round up purchases posted for any transaction in which you do not have sufficient funds in your checking account and the round up transfer will be cancelled for that transaction. Transfers will resume as soon as sufficient funds are available. If any debit card transaction is subsequently cancelled or reversed, the corresponding transfer to your savings account will not be reversed and funds will remain in your savings account. ATM transactions are not included in the program. Round-up feature available for each debit card linked to a checking account. Any other FNCU account may be designated to receive the round up amount, excluding IRAs and certificates. You may cancel your participation at any time by contacting the Credit Union. FNCU may cancel or modify the Round-up Savings feature at any time without prior notice.
8. Rates effective as of 3/1/2023 and are subject to change. The minimum balance requirement to earn dividends is $100.
9. APY-Annual Percentage Yield. The APY results if principal and dividends remain on deposit for one year at the stated dividend rate. APY is accurate as of the last dividend declaration date. Dividends are compounded using the average daily balance method. Savings and Club Account dividends accrue through the last day of each quarterly period and are posted to the account the last day of the quarter. Share Draft Checking Account dividends accrue through the last day of each monthly period and are posted to the account the last day of each month. Dividends are paid from current income and available earnings after required transfers to reserves at the end of a dividend period. Dividend rates vary at FNCU’s discretion and are subject to change at any time without notice. Fees or other conditions could reduce APY. All accounts are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in FNCU’s account agreement and Truth-in-Savings disclosure.
*Text, data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.
For a list of all fees (some of which may be associated with your checking account), view our Fee Schedule.