SCAMS…You may not think it could happen to you… but it could. Scams are now more sophisticated and harder to detect, and fraudsters come up with new ways to trick you every day.
The best thing you can do is be informed. And if you have a funny feeling about a phone call, an email, a check, a request from someone you’ve been in contact with – even if it’s just an inkling – look into it first! Scammers will take advantage of every situation, and they are very good at what they do, so please be on the lookout for warning signs.
Don’t get caught up in these popular scams:
- Money Mule – don’t help scammers move their stolen money.
- Online Dating – if they ask for money, it’s a scam.
- IRS/Government Imposter – they say they work for the IRS or Social Security, but they don’t.
- Fake Checks – If someone you don’t know sends you a check and asks for money back, that’s a scam.
- Holiday scams – giving to charities, fake shipping notices, paying with a gift card
- Coronavirus scams (FTC)
- Other scams to watch out for (FTC)
Be prepared. Stay informed. DO NOT fall for these scams!
Remember, our Secure and Premier checking accounts include identity theft solutions, a full-service solution for you and your family, if you are struggling with identity fraud, no matter how it happens.