Click the icons to learn more.
Why a Credit Union?
Read our “First Friday” articles here (then share them with your employees!):
- Back to School Expenses – 6 steps to plan for back to school expenses in a time of COVID. It is also available in Spanish. (August 2021)
- 5 Tips – 5 Tips for Being Your Own Advocate with Your Finances (July 2021)
- Saving Money – 4 reasons to start savings now. It is also available in Spanish. (June 2021)
- Home Buying – Hidden Costs of Home Buying (May 2021)
- Stimulus Checks – How to Use Your Stimulus Check (Top 5 Areas You Should be Prioritizing) (April 2021)
- Credit Score – Factors That Affect Your Credit Score (and Simple Ways to Boost Them!) (March 2021)
If you would like to request printed materials, please complete the form below.
If you would like to schedule an event or meeting, please fill out the form below.
Why a Credit Union?
- Local and member-owned
- Known for better rates and lower fees
Why First Nebraska Credit Union?
- Deposit funds directly from your paycheck into a savings account
- Accessible to you anytime, anywhere (online & mobile)
- 87,000 ATM locations worldwide
- We’re motivated by service rather than profit
- It’s easy to become a member!
Perks of being a member
- MoneyMap – FREE budgeting tool
- GreenPath – FREE financial counseling
- Debt Protection and Insurance
- Deposit a check remotely
- Sign documents via email
Link to share: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_69-oCm-nw&t=1s
Advantages for Your Business, Benefits for Your Employees
As you know, a company’s benefits package can make the difference between happy employees and employee turnover, and can help attract great new employees. Employees are looking for a company that not only provides them competitive wages but also a company that is looking at investing in them. What better way to say “we value you” than to offer financial services and wellness.
With the increasing costs of providing benefits, our Select Employee Group program makes more sense today than ever. We offer this benefit at no cost to employers!
Credit Union Benefits to your Company
- Help your employees achieve financial success
- Lower your cost of doing business
- Improve employee satisfaction and morale
- Improve your company’s benefits package and image
Financial stress affects virtually everyone at some point in their lives. When employees are worried about their financial situation, it can directly impact the financial well-being of the company. There is more absenteeism, employee stress and lack of focus and productivity in the workplace. We understand that the financial health of your employees is important to the health of your business. When they feel better about their financial health, they feel better about their job—improving employee morale, retention, and your bottom line.
First Nebraska operate as a not-for-profit credit union, as a service to our member-owners. We have the best interests of our members in mind.
How Can My Employees Join the Credit Union?
As long as your company is one of our Select Employee Groups, your employees are eligible to join FNCU. They can start by opening a Savings Account with a $5 deposit. Here’s the link to the new member application, or they can call us at (402) 492-9100, or visit one of our branch locations.
We also have membership packets that you can give to new employees, or to hand out at Employee Benefits Enrollment meetings. The packet includes a paper application that employees can complete, and you can mail it to FNCU on their behalf. It also includes a Payroll Deduction form, if they’d like to start automatically depositing some or all of their paycheck into their new FNCU account.
If an employee is already a member, and wants to open another account (Secondary Savings, Christmas club Savings, Vacation Club Savings, IRAs, etc.), have them use this link to apply.
Resources for Your Employees
In addition to great products and services, as a member of FNCU’s Select Employee Group Program, your employees will receive:
We can help everyone – in all stages of their financial journey.
Do you have new employees who do not have a financial account, or worry they cannot open one? We exist to serve all your employees – those just starting out, those who are repairing their financial situation, and those who are looking to meet their financial goals. For those who have had financial troubles, we can start them off with a savings account and financial education to help them through their situation.