Does your current bank focus on what matters to you?
We know what matters, and we’ve got you covered!
Protection of your data matters.
Our top three checking accounts include Identity theft solutions1 at no extra cost to you! (This is a value of up to $29.99 per month!)
Identity theft solutions comes with our top three checking accounts.1 It can help you – and your entire family – recover from ANY type of identity theft (not just your FNCU accounts). A Recovery Advocate will work with you to resolve your fraud incident.
Receive monthly alerts from the three credit bureaus via text3 or email, to warn you of any activity and help you detect possible identity theft. Credit Monitoring is a part of identity theft solutions, but you must activate this service to receive it.
Member Verification & Fraud Protection
We take steps to verify that it is really you, whether over the phone, online or in person. Plus, our Visa® debit cards include an EMV chip and 24/7 Fraud Monitoring Watch Plus Program to monitor for suspicious activity.
Prices and fees matter.
We don’t believe in hidden fees. Whether it’s a free checking account or one with a small fee, you will know upfront.2 Our fees are lower than bank fees, and that can add up to quite a savings!
Value for your money matters.
Overdraft Protection Cuts Down on Fees
Overdraft Protection4 automatically transfers money from your Savings into Checking if you accidentally have a negative checking balance. (A value of $29 per item.)
If you don’t want money coming out of your Savings to cover a negative checking account balance, you may want to open an Overdraft Line of Credit5 to cover it. (A value of $29 per item.)
Either way, you save!
Quick & Convenient
Through Online Banking and our Mobile app, you can pay any person or bill through Bill Pay.
Plus, get an alert (via text3 or email), when there’s activity on your account. It’s another way to watch for fraud and avoid overdrafts.
Banking From Home
Deposit checks by taking a picture of it. In our Mobile app, click “Deposit” and follow the prompts.
You can also electronically sign your credit union paperwork for loans and when opening accounts. All you need is an email address.
Through our Allpoint and MoneyPass ATM networks, you have access to more than 87,000 surcharge-free* ATMs worldwide (more than 100 in Omaha, 60 in Lincoln, and 9 in Elkhorn!)
Taking care of YOU matters.
“First Nebraska is the best credit union I have ever been a part of, in fact, the best banking institution period. Always have my back and help me ensure my credit worthiness is always top notch. By providing the best possible information they can to help me learn and grow. Thank you FNCU!! My family appreciates you!!!”
What does your FREE Checking Account really cost you?
Extra fees can add up fast! We can help you find the best value – for you!
To open a checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. To qualify for a checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. All checking products and services are subject to applicable member agreements, terms and conditions.
1) Our top three Checking Accounts are Premier, Preferred and First Class. For more information on Identity Theft Solutions, visit firstnebraska.org/identity-theft-solutions.
2) Certain checking accounts have a monthly service fee or a minimum balance fee. For more information on our fees for checking, visit firstnebraska.org/checking.
3) Text, data and other wireless carrier charges may apply.
4) Checking accounts are automatically enrolled with primary savings as a backup funding source in the instance that an overdraft occurs. If checking account does not have enough money to cover a transaction, funds from a linked savings account will automatically transfer (if available). If there are not enough funds available between checking and savings, the transaction may be declined or subject to an overdraft fee.
5) All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions vary based on creditworthiness, qualifications, verification of sufficient monthly income and collateral conditions. Other restrictions may apply.
* Find an Allpoint or MoneyPass ATM at firstnebraska.org/atm-locations. For each non-FNCU branch ATM withdrawal, transfer and inquiry transaction over four (for each type), per account, per month, an ATM Transaction Fee of $2.50 will be assessed. Other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply. The Premier Checking Account includes unlimited free ATM transactions, even if it’s not an Allpoint or MoneyPass ATM.