Open a Smart Start Checking Account and take a step towards becoming a Financial Rockstar!
If you’re between the ages of 13 and 22, you’re eligible to open a Smart Start Checking Account.1
Plus, we’ll match your deposit up to $25!
You can easily:
- Manage your account on your phone using our app.
- Get a Debit or ATM Card to use at thousands of ATMs.
- No minimum balance or monthly fees!
- Get text message alerts when your balance gets low.
- Deposit checks by taking a picture of them.
Smart Start Checking Accounts are great for those who have summer jobs!
* For every dollar deposited into the new account, we’ll match it, up to a $25 bonus. The bonus will be deposited into the new account after 60 days of active status. The value of this bonus will be reported to the IRS and the recipient is responsible for any federal, state or local taxes on this offer. Other restrictions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer and may change or be discontinued at any time without prior notice. Deposits must be brought into a branch as cash or check, and money must not be transferred from any existing FNCU account. Offer expires 7/31/2021.
+Text, data and other wireless charges may apply when using our mobile services. For each non-FNCU branch ATM transaction over four, per account, per month, an ATM Transaction Fee of $2.50 will be assessed. Other bank, credit union, and ATM operators’ surcharges may apply.
1. Smart Start accounts are available for students ages 13-22. To open a Smart Start checking account, you must have a share savings account which requires a minimum balance of $5. To qualify for a smart start checking account, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. A parent or guardian is required as a signer until at least age 19. Account does not earn dividends. Checking accounts with a $0 balance or overdrawn are not eligible to receive any bonus. All checking products and services are subject to applicable member agreements, terms and conditions.
2. You must open a Smart Start Checking Account on or before July, 31 2021. One winner will be chosen by a random drawing on Aug. 16, 2021 and will be notified via phone and/or email. Visit firstnebraska.org/checking/smart-start-checking/ for full terms and conditions.